Sunday, August 2, 2009

Excel: I have a problem transferring data from one updated spreadsheet to another.?

I have one datasheet like this:





Column A | Column B | Column C


Product | Price of Product | Product manufacturer





Companies have then sent us different spreadsheets where the prices have been changed. Basically, I want to transfer these updated prices onto the above spreadsheet without having to enter each one individually - i.e. by linking the two spreadsheets.





Unfortunately, I don't know the syntax in Excel, so simpler answers might be needed!





Thanks

Excel: I have a problem transferring data from one updated spreadsheet to another.?
Your A column have a unique values, right?


Means that if one row has the product "Car4", then this itsm "Car4" is not going to be repeated in the cells below, until its price is updated, right?


If so, then you will need some formulas to do it.


The issue that I need some more info on how do you bring the update sheets into your original sheet.





i will need you to mail me here in Y! Answers to get this done for you





Trust me, no one here can solve it better, if it can be done in Excel, then it is VBAXLMan





Enjoy my profile, I am the VBAXLMan
Reply:You don't need to know the syntax. Excel will write it for you. Open both spreadsheets and in the cell you want linked, type '=' and click on the cell with the information you want in the other spreadsheet, then hit enter.

orange

No comments:

Post a Comment