Sunday, August 2, 2009

Looking for an example of Berkeley Sockets programming in straight NASM assembler under the Linux OS.?

NASM would be ideal, but really, I'm trying to avoid having to make a *whole* lot of educated guesses, so GAS syntax would work as well.





I know there's a lot of documentation on the internet regarding Berkeley Sockets, but the majority of the material I've found assumes I'm writing in C/C++.

Looking for an example of Berkeley Sockets programming in straight NASM assembler under the Linux OS.?
Not too sure if this will help, but check the sources for ZSNES, as it has some NASM assembly on it, if I recall correctly. I am not sure though if ZSNES uses the Berkeley Sockets to do communications though.
Reply:I can email you an ebook. It mainly uses C though. C is the common language for BSD socket programming though.


No comments:

Post a Comment