Sunday, August 2, 2009

Who has manually changed the resolution of the UNIX box (Solaris).?

I need to change my server's resolution to 1280x1024@60Hz for the KVM switch lcd screen to display my server's local console screen





(**the KVM switch (NLS lcd monitor) is connected through cable to 4 servers and is not registering the correct resolution, so the screen is not coming up on the lcd screen)





I am pretty sure this is b/c of the resolution settings on my UNIX servers.





So I am pretty sure I am going to have to use fbconfig/ffbconfig or something like that but I am not sure of the exact syntax, any help would be tremendously appreciated.





THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!!

Who has manually changed the resolution of the UNIX box (Solaris).?
Depending on the hardware, it should be something like


fbconfig -res 1280x1024x60


or the same with m64config, afbconfig





It may require a reboot, btw

flower show

No comments:

Post a Comment